Last updated: 20th September 2017
The terms and conditions (Terms) set out below govern your use of this website. By using this website you agree to these Terms. If you do not accept the Terms do not use the website.
If you have any complaints or questions regarding the website please contact us at email – [email protected]encourager.co.nz
We may make changes to these Terms at any time. Any changes will be effective once published to this website.
Your use of the website
You must only use the website for the purposes permitted by these Terms.
You may browse the Site for your own personal use, information, research, study and educational purposes only. The Daily Encourager grants to you a limited non-exclusive license to view, copy and print the Content for your non-commercial or personal use. If you would like to use the Content in any other way you will need to request permission from us. All requests for permission for further use of the Content must be in writing and should be sent to [email protected].
Nothing in the terms shall be construed as granting to you any license under any patent, trademark or copyright of the Daily Encourager or any third party.
You must not:
- use the website for any activity which breaches any laws, infringes a third party’s rights, is unlawful, or breaches these Terms;
- use the website to transmit or post:
- any unlawful, obscene, indecent, offensive, or defamatory material or any material which is false, misleading or deceptive;
- any material which infringes any third party’s rights including, but not limited to, any copyright or trademark law, privacy or other personal or proprietary or moral rights;
- use the website to send spam or any unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise);
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to the website or use another person’s name, registration account or password;
- knowingly provide false registration information;
- knowingly transmit any virus or other disabling feature to the website; or
- collect information about others without their consent.
Membership (Daily Encourager)
- When you become a Daily Encourager member you are entitled to comment on stories and receive our newsletter. The posting of your comments is subject to conforming with our comments policy (refer comments policy).
- By registering for a Daily Encourager Account you agree to provide us with accurate, complete and up-to-date registration information, as requested. It is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to your registration information. Using a false name or another person’s name (whether or not paired with a genuine address) may be fraudulent.
- Only an individual may be a Daily Encourager member. You must not register as a member multiple times. You must not impersonate or create a membership for any person other than yourself.
- You must keep your password safe and must not disclose it to any other person nor should you keep a written or electronic record of your password. You are wholly responsible for all activities which occur through use of your Daily Encourager Account. You must contact [email protected] immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your Daily Encourager Account or your login details. You must not permit your log in details to be used by or transferred to any other person.
- We are entitled to rely on the authenticity of the login and password supplied to access features on the Daily Encourager or any other service provided by us. When the correct log in and password is provided we may act on and rely on any instruction given without the need for further enquiry.
- We may terminate your account at any time without notice and without reason if you; (i) fail to comply with these terms and conditions or (ii) supply false or misleading information or make any misrepresentation to us or (iii) do not act in the spirit of the values of the Daily Encourager to honour and respect people.
- You have the right to deactivate your account and can do so by contacting [email protected].
User submitted content
We (the Daily Encourager) invite our readers (you) to post comments and submit stories on our website.
We want to create an environment where people feel uplifted and inspired and we reserve the right to moderate comments and select the stories that we wish to publish.
For all content that you submit or display on our site you agree to the terms and conditions for user submitted content (below).
The Daily Encourager reserves the right to reject or remove comments that do not conform to our criteria (refer comments policy).
The views which are expressed in the comments areas are not our views or opinions, nor the views or opinions of any of our staff or our related entities. We accept no liability in respect of any material posted in the comments areas, nor are we responsible for the content and accuracy of that material.
If you submit any story to the site, these terms and conditions apply.
- All story submissions are expected to be encouraging, respectful of people and focussed on positive outcomes.
- We reserve the right to not publish any story submission for any reason whatsoever.
Your obligations re story submissions:
You will not post any user submitted story:
- Which you know or suspect (or ought reasonably to have known or suspected) to be false, misleading or deceptive.
- Which is not original work in which you own the copyright, or which in any way violates or infringes (or could reasonably be expected to violate or infringe) the copyright, identity, registered trademark or intellectual property rights of another person;
- Which is (or could reasonably be expected to be) obscene, offensive, pornographic, vulgar, profane, indecent or otherwise illegal;
- Which is (or could reasonably be expected to be) defamatory of any person;
- Which racially or religiously vilifies, incites violence or hatred, or is likely to offend, insult or humiliate others based on race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any physical or mental disability.
Please direct any questions or comments about this policy to [email protected]
Disclaimer and liability
To the extent permitted by law, we (and our contributors and associates) exclude all warranties, including without limitation, as to the availability, accuracy, completeness, currency or reliability of all content, products or services available through the website.
No information or content on this website constitutes advice as to the appropriateness or suitability of any product, service or course of conduct.
This website is made available on an “as is” basis. We make no warranty that the website will be free from viruses or any kind of malicious code whatsoever.
To the extent permitted by law, we (and our officers, employees, agents or related bodies corporate) exclude all liabilities (including in contract, for negligence or otherwise) for any loss, damage (whether direct or consequential), costs or expenses suffered by you or claims made against you in connection with, however caused:
- your use of the website; or
- your inability to access or use the website.
All material on our website, and all software, design, text and graphics on our website are owned or licensed by us and protected by law.
You must not copy, sell or use any part of our website or any material contained on our website without our written consent.
Third party websites and products
Our website might contain links to other third party websites. Those links are provided for your convenience and don’t mean that we endorse the website. We are not responsible for the content of any third party website linked to our website.
New Zealand law
These Terms are governed by and interpreted in accordance with New Zealand law.